Winnebago Scout Reservation
Winnebago Scout Reservation: 4 One-Week Resident Camp Sessions for Troops & Individuals
Come join us for our 79th season at one of the finest and longest running Boy Scouts of America summer camps. Winnebago Scout Reservation is located in the heart of the Copperas Mountains in Rockaway NJ. We have large, private campsites with hundreds of wooded acres for a great summer camp experience.
We are proud to offer four one-week sessions of day camp and resident camp to Scouts BSA attending with their troop or by themselves! Campers attending without their troop will be grouped together and form camp troops.
Winnebago Scout Reservation is proud to offer the following for troops and individual campers:
- Our full day Dan Beard program for first year campers gets rave reviews. Merit badge classes are small with lots of personal attention. Our experienced, dedicated staff is always at your service and ready to assist your troop with any special needs including in-camp and off site adventures.
- Ride our 1,000 foot zip lines over Durham Pond. Relax with some bass fishing or star gazing with our ecology staff. Enter an event at the water carnival and take part in our camp-wide games.
- Try the batting cage with a pitching machine. Play some basketball, volleyball, or tether-ball.
- You can also hike one of our four historic trails (7-18 miles!).
- We offer a wide variety of merit badge classes and dozens more through independent study.
- Visit the waterfront for swimming, paddle boats, sailboards and stand-up paddle boards. Blast off on our water trampoline and rocket down Mager Mountain our monster water slide.
- Handicraft features a variety of merit badges in an environment perfect for hands-on creativity. Check out our forge for your Metalwork merit badge.
- Winnebago’s Outdoor Skills area will bring campers back to the Baden-Powell days of Scouting. Scouts develop basic hiking and camping skills and learn to appreciate and understand the outdoors. The Outdoor Skills area is also the place where Scouts come to learn, practice, hone and test their Scout and survival skills.
- Come to open shoot, earn a merit badge, or enter one of our contests at the archery, rifle and shotgun ranges.
- Visit our STEM area and take part in one of our engineering challenges.
- Enjoy fantastic food and great entertainment in our dining hall. Dinners include Italian night, Southern barbecue night and a steak cookout in your campsite.
Attending as an Individual?
Camp Troop Program:
Our Camp Troop program is perfect for campers who can’t go to camp with their troop, or just want more camp time. These campers can work on more merit badges or simply enjoy our programs. The camp provides adult leaders with many years of troop experience. Campers get a chance to visit their favorite program areas, complete merit badge partials, and work on more merit badges or other advancement.
Come for a ½ day, full day or an entire week to finish up merit badges or enjoy your favorite programs. Hours are flexible.
- July 5 –11, 2020
- July 12 – 18, 2020
- July 19 – 25, 2020
- July 26 – August 1, 2020
- $425 - Early Bird - paid in full by 5/1/20
- $475 -Paid after 5/1/20
- $10 additional for camp troop
- Graduating Webelos extension through 5/31/20
- Free adult leadership - 3 per troop
- Troop Site Deposit - $250
- Additional Adult Leaders - $150
The Warren Wheeler Adventureship is available to help families who need help covering the camp costs.
- BSA Annual Health and Medical Record – Medical forms may be submitted to camp at a Camp Orientation, or turned in on the first day of your child’s week of camp.
- Immunization Exempt Request Form
- Camp Map
- Directions to Camp
- Youth Protection Training
- Guide to Safe Scouting
- Food Allergies/Sensitivities at Camp
- 2020 Winnebago Scout Reservation Leaders’ Guide
- Replacement Blue Cards: email Richard Hawkins
- Child Care Camp Receipts for Dependent Care Accounts
- Tax ID: 22-3661431